This Maintenance Agreement (“Agreement”) is hereby entered into between you, your employees and agents (collectively “Customer”) and CalliaMedia, or Dyggz Marketing (collectively “CalliaMedia”) and applies to the purchase of all Monthly Website Maintenance Services (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Maintenance Services”) ordered by Customer.
Term and Termination
– This Agreement shall be effective as of the time frame Customer signs up for Maintenance Services. This Agreement may be terminated by either party upon written notice to the other, if the other party breaches any material obligation provided hereunder and the breaching party fails to cure such breach within thirty (30) days of receipt of the notice. This Agreement may be terminated by CalliaMedia (i) immediately if Customer fails to pay any fees hereunder; or (ii) if Customer fails to cooperate with CalliaMedia or hinders CalliaMedia’s ability to perform the Maintenance Services hereunder.
CalliaMedia agrees to provide Customer with Maintenance Services as described in this Agreement. Maintenance Services include:
- Updates to existing text, existing images, and other minor changes to Customer’s website pages.
- Upgrades to Customer’s content management system, including plugins and themes.
- Removal of malware, spam and malicious code from Customer’s website.
- Hosting of website
- Possible Hosting of email
Fees; Limitations on Refunds and Cancellation Fees
– Customer agrees to pay CalliaMedia any and all fee(s) as billed in accordance with this Agreement. The fee(s) must be received prior to the start of any Maintenance Services. If the customer wishes to terminate these services they understand that they will receive their website as a .zip file that can be re-installed elsewhere at their own expense. THE CUSTOMER FURTHER AGREES THAT, IN THE EVENT OF ANY TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT BY CUSTOMER, NO REFUNDS SHALL BE GIVEN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER. THE CUSTOMER FURTHER AGREES TO PAY UPON CANCELLATION THE AMOUNT OF ANY CANCELLATION FEES OR OTHER AMOUNTS DUE TO CALLIAMEDIA AS PROVIDED IN THE AGREEMENT. CALLIAMEDIA IS HEREBY AUTHORIZED TO CHARGE CUSTOMER’S CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT OR OTHER PAYMENT MECHANISM FOR ANY AMOUNTS OWED FROM TIME TO TIME BY CUSTOMER TO CalliaMedia.
– For the purposes of providing these services, Customer agrees:
- To provide CalliaMedia with access to its web sites for the purpose of providing Maintenance Services.
- To properly convey to CalliaMedia the information that needs to be changed.
– Customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that:
- Only one (1) hour of time for Maintenance Services is allowed per month total.
- Any work that exceeds one (1) hour will be billed on an hourly basis of $95 per hour.
- Unused time is not accumulative. Unused time does not transfer from month to month. Maintenance Services time is strictly month to month.
- Web page updates exclude, (not limited to), image editing, graphic design, page redesign, content creation, page creation, graphic editing, database design, database changes, programming, and search engine optimization.
- CalliaMedia has no control over the policies of search engines or directories with respect to the type of sites and/or content that they accept now or in the future. Customer’s web site(s) may be excluded from any search engine or directory at any time at the sole discretion of the search engine or directory entity.
- Updates are for the purpose of correcting bad or outdated information and should for the most part be limited to small text changes.
- If changes are made by CalliaMedia according to Customer’s information, and the changes are not correct, additional time to remedy the changes fall under the one (1) hour of time allotted.
- CalliaMedia is not responsible for rewriting sentences, restructuring paragraphs, or checking for typing errors, misspellings, etc.
- CalliaMedia is not responsible for changes made to Customer’s web site(s) by other parties including the customer.
- CalliaMedia is not responsible for third-party plugins that may become unusable as a result of Maintenance Services performed.
- CalliaMedia will not repair Customer’s website(s) that became compromised, hacked, or otherwise defaced or infected prior to ordering Maintenance Services.
- Recovery or repair of Customer’s website is not guaranteed.
- Troubleshooting email issues will be subject to hourly limitations and fees.
- Availability of backups is not guaranteed.
– Additional services not listed herein will be provided for a fee of $85.00 per hour. CalliaMedia is not responsible for developing new content or writing new copy for Customer. Customer will be charged an additional fee for writing content, based on the hourly rate of $85.00 per hour or as found in a content package.
– Customer shall indemnify and hold harmless CalliaMedia (and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees) from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and all related costs and expenses) incurred by CalliaMedia as a result of any claim, judgment, or adjudication against CalliaMedia related to or arising from (a) any photographs, illustrations, graphics, audio clips, video clips, text, data or any other information, content, display, or material (whether written, graphic, sound, or otherwise) provided by Customer to CalliaMedia (the “Customer Content”), or (b) a claim that CalliaMedia’s use of the Customer Content infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party. To qualify for such defense and payment, CalliaMedia must: (i) give Customer prompt written notice of a claim; and (ii) allow Customer to control, and fully cooperate with Customer in, the defense and all related negotiations.
Disclaimer of All Other Warranties
– CALLIAMEDIA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE MAINTENANCE SERVICES WILL MEET THE CUSTOMER’S EXPECTATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE IS WITH CUSTOMER. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN THIS AGREEMENT, CalliaMedia PROVIDES ITS SERVICES “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT (A) THE LIMITED WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION ARE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY EACH PARTY, AND (B) EACH PARTY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, PERFORMANCE OR INABILITY TO PERFORM UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, THE CONTENT, AND EACH PARTY’S COMPUTING AND DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM. IF ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE UNLAWFUL, VOID, OR FOR ANY REASON UNENFORCEABLE, THEN THAT PROVISION SHALL BE DEEMED SEVERABLE FROM THIS AGREEMENT AND SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY AND ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY REMAINING PROVISIONS.
– IN NO EVENT SHALL CALLIAMEDIA BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, LOST PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE OR ALLEGED TO BE BASED ON BREACH OF WARRANTY, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY, ARISING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY PERFORMANCE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY PROVIDED HEREIN. THERE SHALL BE NO REFUNDS. CALLIAMEDIA MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO ANY THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT OR ANY SOFTWARE, EQUIPMENT, OR HARDWARE OBTAINED FROM THIRD PARTIES.
– Customer makes the following representations and warranties for the benefit of CalliaMedia:
- Customer represents to CalliaMedia and unconditionally guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to CalliaMedia are owned by Customer, or that Customer has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend CalliaMedia and its subcontractors from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by Customer.
- Customer guarantees to CalliaMedia and unconditionally guarantees that Customer’s website has not been compromised, hacked, or otherwise defaced or infected prior to ordering Maintenance Services.
- Customer guarantees any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork provided to CalliaMedia for inclusion on the website above are owned by Customer, or that Customer has received permission from the rightful owner(s) to use each of the elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and permission from the rightful owner(s) to use each of the elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend CalliaMedia and its subcontractors from any liability or suit arising from the use of such elements.
- From time to time governments enact laws and levy taxes and tariffs affecting Internet electronic commerce. Customer agrees that the client is solely responsible for complying with such laws, taxes, and tariffs, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend CalliaMedia and its subcontractors from any claim, suit, penalty, tax, or tariff arising from Customer’s exercise of Internet electronic commerce.
– The parties agree to hold each other’s Proprietary or Confidential Information in strict confidence. “Proprietary or Confidential Information” shall include, but is not limited to, written or oral contracts, trade secrets, know-how, business methods, business policies, memoranda, reports, records, computer retained information, notes, or financial information. Proprietary or Confidential Information shall not include any information which: (i) is or becomes generally known to the public by any means other than a breach of the obligations of the receiving party; (ii) was previously known to the receiving party or rightly received by the receiving party from a third party; (iii) is independently developed by the receiving party; or (iv) is subject to disclosure under court order or other lawful process. The parties agree not to make each other’s Proprietary or Confidential Information available in any form to any third party or to use each other’s Proprietary or Confidential Information for any purpose other than as specified in this Agreement. Each party’s proprietary or confidential information shall remain the sole and exclusive property of that party. The parties agree that in the event of use or disclosure by the other party other than as specifically provided for in this Agreement, the non-disclosing party may be entitled to equitable relief. Notwithstanding termination or expiration of this Agreement, CalliaMedia and Customer acknowledge and agree that their obligations of confidentiality with respect to Proprietary or Confidential Information shall continue in effect for a total period of three (3) years from the effective date.
– Neither party will be liable for, or will be considered to be in breach of or default under this Agreement on account of, any delay or failure to perform as required by this Agreement as a result of any causes or conditions that are beyond such Party’s reasonable control and that such Party is unable to overcome through the exercise of commercially reasonable diligence. If any force majeure event occurs, the affected Party will give prompt written notice to the other Party and will use commercially reasonable efforts to minimize the impact of the event.
Relationship of Parties
– CalliaMedia, in rendering performance under this Agreement, shall be deemed an independent contractor and nothing contained herein shall constitute this arrangement to be employment, a joint venture, or a partnership. Customer does not undertake by this Agreement, or otherwise, to perform any obligation of CalliaMedia, whether by regulation or contract. In no way is CalliaMedia to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of Customer in any respect, any other provisions of this Agreement notwithstanding.
Notice and Payment
– Any notice required to be given under this Agreement shall be in writing and delivered personally to the other designated party, mailed by certified, registered or Express mail, return receipt requested or by Federal Express. Either party may change its address to which notice or payment is to be sent by written notice to the other under any provision of this paragraph.
– This Agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia. All disputes under this Agreement shall be resolved by litigation in the courts of the British Columbia including the federal courts therein and the Parties all consent to the jurisdiction of such courts, agree to accept service of process by mail, and hereby waive any jurisdictional or venue defenses otherwise available to it.
Agreement Binding on Successors
– The provisions of the Agreement shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the Parties hereto, their heirs, administrators, successors and assigns.
– Customer may not assign this Agreement or the rights and obligations thereunder to any third party without the prior express written approval of CalliaMedia. CalliaMedia reserves the right to assign subcontractors as needed to this project to ensure on-time completion.
– No waiver by either party of any default shall be deemed as a waiver of prior or subsequent default of the same of other provisions of this Agreement.
– If any term, clause or provision hereof is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the validity or operation of any other term, clause or provision and such invalid term, clause or provision shall be deemed to be severed from the Agreement.
No Inference Against Author
– No provision of this Agreement shall be interpreted against any Party because such Party or its legal representative drafted such provision.
Read and Understood
– Each Party acknowledges that it has read and understands this Agreement and agrees to be bound by its terms and conditions.
This is a standard policy, however should you have any questions or concerns, please call us at (250) 213-2543.