This is the time of year when we think about how we’re going to make the year ahead better in some way, and I’m sure that many of you are setting goals for growing your businesses. As a small business owner myself, I definitely understand those concerns. I’m fortunate that the very same skills I use on behalf of my clients every day also help me to grow my inbound marketing agency in Victoria. However, I know that not every business owner has the background and knowledge to effectively market his products or services. That’s why one of my New Year’s resolutions is to provide you with as many resources as possible to help you do that…like this blog.
As we move through 2013 together, I’ll be sharing tips and information about branding, developing your website, using social media to market your business and a variety of other marketing and branding strategies. My primary focus, though, will be on online marketing.
Inbound marketing should be a key element in your 2013 marketing plan because, among other things:
- Inbound marketing leads are generally far less expensive than leads obtained through traditional marketing methods;
- Inbound marketing helps you reach a wider audience;
- Inbound marketing sets the stage for the next step in the sales cycle and aids in conversion;
- Inbound marketing campaigns are easy to track and analyze, so you know where your efforts are best invested; and
- Inbound marketing also helps establish your brand and build your reputation as a provider of valuable information and services in your industry.
In my next few posts, I’ll explain the basics of inbound marketing and how to put it to work for your company. Whether you plan to implement your own campaigns or work with an inbound marketing agency, getting a handle on the benefits of inbound marketing, how it differs from traditional marketing and the key components of a successful campaign will help you make good decisions for your business.
I look forward to helping you improve the return on your marketing investment and grow your business in the coming year, and to hearing about your experiences, challenges and triumphs in the comments.